Our client is an Embedded Banking SaaS platform that provides everything digital innovators need to build and run perfect-fit payments solutions for their applications.
Digital businesses within services sectors like Leisure and Travel, Education, Healthcare, Real Estate and Logistics, collectively generate annual transaction volumes of $2.1 trillion with a growth of 17% per annum. They need ever more powerful payment capabilities but find it hard to choose, buy and implement the right combination of payment services to deliver the solutions they need.
This role is an opportunity to join a successful serial founder team at the point where it has just raised funding from leading VCs associated with Fintech and the Digital Ecosystem. We are now just starting on the next step of the journey: delivering product-market fit in specific market segments within Europe before we scale in these markets and extend to other markets and geographies.
By joining now, you will be at the start of an exciting journey that will be tough, but where you will have considerable influence and an opportunity for high rewards.
Your job, as Business Development Manager, will be to sign up qualifying prospects to the Business or Enterprise offerings, and to deliver repeatable, sustainable revenues as a result.
Here’s more detail on what you would be doing:
- Creating opportunities, through direct prospecting and qualifying leads generated from marketing activities and connecting with self-service customers who are showing promise.
- Running an enterprise sales process – identifying and engaging with the relevant stakeholders on the customer side and interfacing with the relevant internal functions: product, technology, compliance, etc to qualify and steer deals through the sales process.
- Actively engaging in online and offline industry events and forums to engage with prospective customers, decision makers and influencers.
- Supporting the brand and competitive positioning by becoming a trusted expert on payments to innovators and providing constructive and insightful input from the front-line to help colleagues in marketing strategy and product development be more effective in delivering customer value.
- Help develop the sales strategy, process and forecasting, supporting the CEO in building our internal sales and revenue generation operations from lead sourcing to customer success.
- There will be scope to grow the role into a leadership position as continues to scale
Early-stage businesses like our client's need resourceful, intelligent and high-energy people who are flexible at doing what needs to be done – from thinking about strategy to setting up the booth at an exhibition.
- Held B2B Sales and Business Development roles for at least 3 years with a track record of delivering strong performance.
- A consultative sales approach, with ability to understand customer needs, direct towards solutions and address objections.
- Strong verbal and written communications (at least in English) and presentation skills.
- Relevant industry knowledge & experience: payments, fin-tech, B2B, SaaS.