CDD & AML Team Lead
Our client, a rapidly expanding crypto company in the Netherlands, is looking for a CDD & AML Team Lead to join their rapidly growing compliance team.
They are looking for a CDD & AML Team Lead that will be responsible for maintaining oversight of all compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You will be between the first line of defense (onboarding team) and the second line of defense (compliance and risk department). You will face many challenges as the regulatory and technological landscape in cryptocurrency is developing and will be for years to come. It is key to comply with all applicable regulations and by joining our compliance team, you will play an essential role in ensuring that they do this.
What you'll be doing
You will be leading a team and will be responsible for:
- Writing policies & procedures and keep current ones up-to-date;
- Automating our processes based on data of our customer population and by using internal and external tooling;
- Improve our processes based on recommendations of your team members and communicate with stakeholders on requirements;
- Keep up to date on applicable regulations and update the policies and procedures correspondingly;
- Stimulate the expertise of your colleagues by providing training courses and always sharing relevant information with the team;
What you have:
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English (written and spoken);
- Advanced degree in (preferably) law or a comparable study;
- 5+ years of working experience in CDD & AML and preferable 1 or 2 years focussed on improving policies and procedures;
- Experience gained in company regulated by the Dutch Central Bank such as a fintech company, financial company or payment company;
- A completed specialised study in the area of compliance or integrity (for example via the Dutch Compliance Institute or the NIBE-SVV) is a strong plus;