Our client, a rapidly expanding crypto company in the Netherlands, is looking for a Compliance Officer to join their rapidly growing compliance team.
They Are looking for a Compliance Officer that will be responsible for maintaining oversight of all compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You will be part of the second line of defense. You will face many challenges as the regulatory and technological landscape in cryptocurrency is developing and will be for years to come. It is key to comply with all applicable regulations and by joining our compliance team, you will play an essential role in ensuring that they do this.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform initial and periodic customer due diligence activities relating to customer identification and verification;
- Ensuring that Anti-Money Laundering regulations are adhered to and monitor account activity accordingly;
- Providing periodic reports and analyses (together with the Head of Compliance) to our Management Team;
- Keeping up to date on the applicable regulations and utilizing independent judgment in the application of the regulations.
What you have:
- You are ideally fluent in both Dutch and English (written and spoken);
- An advanced degree in (preferably) law or a comparable study;
- Experience gained in an international company, financial institution, ecommerce or law firm is a plus;
- A completed specialised study in the area of compliance or integrity (for example via the Dutch Compliance Institute or the NIBE-SVV) is a big benefit;
- Maintain and develop a Compliance Framework to ensure that the company stays in control.