Sr. Engineering Manager – Payments Infrastructure
Our client is the leader in cryptocurrency payments infrastructure and they are looking for a Sr. Engineering Manager.
About our client:
A leading provider of payments and cryptocurrency infrastructure, our client has expertise in crypto wallets, virtual bank accounts, cross-border money transfer, FX, and corporate payments. Their APIs provide onramps and off-ramps, foreign exchange, and crypto liquidity to businesses and consumers. Backed by renowned VCs in the FinTech ecosystem, they are poised to continue explosive growth in 2021.
Responsibilities as a Senior Engineering Manager:
As a senior technology leader, you will manage teams that build scalable services, responsible for reliable and secure APIs that transfer assets using blockchain technology.
- Run day-to-day activities of a dynamic engineering teams, including requirements grooming, scrums, retrospectives and team outings
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems.
- Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and maintenance of our platform
- Lead agile software processes for engineering teams and introduce best-in-class industry practices
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure the teams' contributions align with company objectives, develop technology roadmaps and set realistic product release schedules
- Perform full lifecycle of team management to attract, engage, retain, coach and performance manage teams of exceptional engineers
- Act as an internal ambassador for the engineering team to other groups
- Coordinate the execution of these activities working with (awesome!) cross-functional teams within the company
The ideal candidate for the Senior Engineering Manager role:
- 3+ years of experience with technical leadership in the payments industry
- 5+ years of experience with software engineering
- Hands on technical manager experienced scaling products and services in the payments industry—bonus points for start-up experience!
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think critically and display good judgement
- Experience managing remote teams
- The ability to thrive in a fast pace environment with high level of autonomy and responsibilities
This is a remote role and qualified candidates anywhere within 3-4 hours of PST, including Canada and LATAM, are encouraged to apply.