Financial Crime Officer (Freelance) – the Netherlands
Our client is a major international player in end-to-end Commercial Acquiring and Multichannel Payment Acceptance solutions. Their service is a unique combination of payment, digital and transactional expertise that allows merchants to boost sales and enhance the customer experience.Our Client has a payment institution license and also operates a local branch for its Belgian entity in the Netherlands, both under the supervision of the Dutch National Bank (DNB).The Financial Crime Officer will operate in an international environment and work closely with
various teams in the organization (Regional and Group Compliance, Risk, Legal). The digital commerce compliance team in the Netherlands will consist of 5 compliance officers.
Your Role as the Financial Crime Officer
- The Compliance Officer will be working together with the compliance officers in the following areas:
- Advise on geo-expansions; expansions of the business of Digital Commerce globally and collaborate with local law firms and the internal business
- Assess transactions on money laundering and terrorist financing risks – Transaction Monitoring & Reporting
- Sanctions Screening process and reporting
- Develop Compliance policies, procedures and standards
- Create awareness on compliance topics and train colleagues
- Improve the Compliance oversight function by creating Management Information reports and dashboards
- Develop a compliance monitoring plan and carry out compliance monitoring tasks
- Carry out the Systemic Integrity Risk Analysis for the company
Your profile as the Financial Crime Officer
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant industry
- You’re interested in Compliance, EU Regulations in financial services (e.g., PSD2, AML/CTF, Sanctions)
- At least 4 years experience as a compliance officer or as an attorney at law in an international law firm, and/or as in-house senior counsel in a Dutch bank or regulated Fintech/financial institution
- Capacity to identify the roles, obligations and responsibilities of each party, and more generally good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the actors in the payment industry
- Interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Strong team player with high self-motivation and a positive attitude
- Perfect fluency (oral and written) in English
- Knowledge of the payment industry and payment services is nice to have
Why join us?
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect an excellent range of benefits.What’s more, we really value Innovation, Cooperation, Excellence and Empowerment. These values are reflected in our daily work. This is the core of our organization. Our top priority is to engage, encourage and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programs in place demonstrating our dedication to developing your career.Our success comes from strong skills, new insights, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men. Not only do they represent the Heart and Face of our company, they are also
key players in our success.We make leading our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The initial contract is 6 months long with the opportunity of extension for the right candidates.