Banking Services Fraud Manager
Our client is a rapidly growing financial service and capital provider that is active in banking, asset management, and insurance in the EU and the UK. The UK arm provides a wide range of alternative financial services providers access to financial infrastructure that is utilized by over 10 million end-clients across the world.
Their Banking Services division has more than 170 clients that process 25 million payments a year. To protect our client’s brand, their own clients and meet the public expectation, they must run a robust and effective Anti-Financial Crime function. Currently we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Fraud Manager.
Main Tasks and Objectives of the Role
- Ensuring that we have, relevant to our fraud management, effective and efficient operations (systems and processes); strong control of risks; maintaining prudent business conduct; reporting and disclosing of reliable information (both internally and externally); maintaining compliance with respective laws, regulations, supervisory requirements and internal policies, procedures and decisions;
- Advising management team and Head of Compliance on any measures to be taken to manage fraud relevant to the company, including its clients; to maintain compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, including legislation, regulations and supervisory guidelines;
- Assessing any possible impact of relevant changes in real, regulatory and supervisory environment to our fraud management;
- Reporting to the management team and Head of Compliance;
- Assessing fraud risk relating to new and existing products and processes;
- Assessing fraud risk relating to our Banking Services clients;
- Co-operating with business and internal units, including control functions;
- Liaising with supervisory authorities;
- Liaising with our clients and other external stakeholders;
- Participating in the work of professional organizations where relevant;
- Participating in legislation where relevant, e.g. providing feedback to legislative proposals and consultation papers;
- Compiling and implementing instructions relevant for fraud management;
- Maintaining compliance with, regulatory guidelines and industry best practices;
- Ensuring reporting to supervisory authorities where relevant;
- Providing relevant training and advice to employees and clients;
- Taking a proactive attitude towards, proposals to and execution of enhancements to processes, policies and procedures;
- Project management, including liaising with external legal advisors and auditors;
- Performing other tasks of the fraud management in accordance with the instructions.
Experience and attributes
- At least bachelor’s degree, preferably in science, economy, or law.
- Expert knowledge and practical experience managing payments fraud risk – such as APP fraud, issuing fraud and card acquiring fraud.
- Excellent knowledge about payment schemes’ financial crime principles.
- In-depth knowledge of Money Laundering.
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience with data analysis and modern analysis tools.
- Practical experience in operating the Anti-Financial Crime products.
- Practical experience in building Anti-Financial Crime products.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- High ethical standards.