Head of DACH
Our client is expanding in Europe and they’re looking for their Head of DACH & Eastern Europe. From their soon-to-be-opened Berlin office, you’ll build and lead the local sales team, be the face of the company for the region, and be in charge of all relationships with the German regulatory authorities (aka “die BaFin”).
You’re a natural leader and can inspire other people to work and deliver at a fast pace. You lead by example and aren’t afraid of getting your hands dirty.
We need a curious person, willing to learn and comfortable with the technical and regulatory aspects of our client's product. Lastly, we’re looking for a team player who will partner with their product and compliance teams (among others) to ensure their roadmap entails the main requirements of our prospects in the region.
Here is a snapshot of some of the responsibilities you will have:
- Recruit and build the sales team in the region
- Be the voice and face of our client for the region (at events and in the press)
- Collaborate with our client's product and developer teams to localize and tailor it to local needs and requirements
- Be in charge of relationships with local regulators
- Participate in the administrative processes of setting-up a new Berlin office (registration, choosing an office…)
- 5/6+ years experience in a start-up / scale-up, consulting firm, or another fast-paced work environment
- 2+ years of people management experience, preferably a sales team
- Ability to hire, train and coach a high-performance sales team
- Previous experience in an international / European environment is a must
- A good understanding of the Fintech ecosystem is a plus
- German is your mother tongue and you have professional proficiency in English
- Passion for startups and new technology businesses
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent team player and fun to work with