For a rapidly expanding internationakl payments company in London we are looking for a Legal Counsel.
- UK qualified lawyer (2-5 PQE) with strong post-qualification experience either in-house or in private practice
- Previous experience in fintech, payments, software, e-commerce and/or bank is desired but not absolutely
- Experience working in a start up or other fast-paced and dynamic environment is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrated strong legal research skills.
- Have a working knowledge of UK financial services laws.
- Have a working knowledge of GDPR law.
- Have a working knowledge of FCA regulations
- The role is London based at my client’s head office and sits within the corporate & group central functions team
- The position will oversee varied areas including corporate, commercial, procurement, IP, employment, property, company marketing and branding
- You will be drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of commercial and corporate agreements
- You will be supporting on a wide variety of corporate projects including M&A, fundraising activities as well as group reorganisations and restructurings
- You will establish and improve existing processes and support the business in launching new products
- You will advise on complex legal and business issues and provide clear advice on legal and commercial issues and risks
- You will be assisting the business with its international expansion; researching and evaluating new potential markets and providing creative, proactive and results oriented advice