Pre-Sales Solution Consultant Payments
Our client is a well-known payment provider with offices around the globe. They offer a truly global, cross-border payment platform. Providing payment to some of the world’s largest merchants.
As their customer base continues to grow, they are looking to hire two Pre-Sales Solution Consultants Payments.
This role can be based in the Netherlands or (almost) anywhere else in Europe.
The Pre-Sales Solution Consultant Payments lay the groundwork for the sales team to be successful, responsible of assisting the sales team qualify prospects by using the deep understanding of our products and services, and by handling the communication with client on a technical level during the sales process, design of fitting solutions based on the clients’ needs in conjunction with the products and services offered by our clients.
The SC is responsible for the development of customized solutions when the deals are complex, the solution will be translated into a Statement of Work and project plan.
The PS team designs and / or validates fitting solutions based on materially or strategically significant clients’ needs given the products and services offered by our client.
This is a client-facing position where the SC will need to demonstrate personal technical credibility as well as relationship building skills with internal and external parties.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Attending meetings with sales managers and acting as a technical expert.
- Presenting our client’s products and services, and technical proposals to customers alongside members of the sales team.
- Working closely and collaboratively with customers to devise effective solutions.
- Working closely with customers to understand and capture technical requirements.
- Qualify technically the solution proposed by the sales manager, according to the customer requirements and the products and services we are providing.
- Finalize the technical solution based on customer needs, and hand it over to the boarding team by following the internal work procedures.
- Replying to customers following requests for information and technical inquiries.
- Sharing knowledge and customer experience internally with the PS team and sales teams, through training and regular meetings.
THE SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Previous experience working within a technical Pre-Sales position.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in presales / solution consulting activities for payments or financial industries.
- An ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- Proactive, assertive and strong communication skills, & excellent presenting skills.
- Ability to coordinate a cross-regional team.
- Skilled negotiator and effective communicator.
- Previous experience working for a competitor in a similar position would be a strong advantage.
- University degree, preferable in computer science.
- Experience in the Internet / e-commerce industry, experience with a PSP is a plus.
- Experience presenting complex solutions to both a technical and non-technical audience of senior stakeholders.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken command of other languages are a plus.
- Willing to travel on average 1 day per week.