Product Manager – Open Banking – fintech scale-up – Amsterdam
Our client is an upcoming fintech scale-up with offices around Europe. They offer a truly global, compelling payments proposition for their partners and customers. As their customer base continues to grow, they are looking to hire a Product Manager to oversee the Open Banking product within the versatile product portfolio.
This role is based in the Amsterdam office.
Our client is striving to be at the forefront of payment innovation and Open Banking initiatives.
About the client:
- One of the fastest growing start-ups in the UK
- Awarded £10 million their our innovative product
- Four years old
- Encountering hyper growth
- Total funding: +80 million pounds
Our client develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome challenges (operating within traditional banking hours) and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Take ownership over Open Banking Products and manage them through their entire lifecycle
- Work with customers and our market development teams to understand, assess, and specify new market requirements and how the integration partners, the platform and API components can be positioned to address them
- Collaborate with sales and customer success teams to build and compile best in class solution designs and pitches for strategic opportunities
- Manage the roadmap for your products, ensuring it key stakeholders for (customer, sales, technology, legal, payment operations, etc) have provided input into the roadmap and that key requirements are accounted for.
- Together with the Tech Lead, work with your multi-disciplinary squad to define and drive the features and capabilities backlog
- Coordinate product launches, providing key stakeholders such as Product Marketing, Payment Operations and Sales with the documentation and training they need to make the product a commercial success
- Continuously measure the success of your products, and drive improvements based on data-driven insights
- Act as the expert in your product area, and present plans and insights to the wider audience as well as with customers
About you: to join us as a Product Manager? you will need to have:
- Two to four years’ experience in a Product Management role
- Ideally from a fintech, start-up or payments background
- Awareness of Open Banking initiatives and relevant topics (PSD2)
- Excellent communication skills
- You are focused on outcomes
- You thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- You are equally comfortable working in market talking to clients and prospects, distilling their requirements for internal teams and supporting technical product delivery activities
- You are comfortable with holding hypotheses loosely until they’ve been validated. You are not afraid to change tack based on data
- You are excited about leading and working with high-performing teams, pitching in where your inputs will have the most impact and equally comfortable to lead or contribute
- You are structured and organised, able to handle the competing long term demands of strategic initiatives and urgent short-term tasks
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working