Product Owner / Business Analyst for Subscriptions Capabilities (m/f/d)
Work from Berlin, Münster, Verl, Amsterdam, Oslo, Stockholm, Tallinn
As the subscription economy is booming, so are the different use cases and needs. Let’s illustrate that with two examples. Some subscriptions, like car subscriptions, deal with high risks and open up room for different add-ons or pricing options, recurring or usage-based. Not to forget ad hoc costs like parking fines. In other cases, complexity comes from a B2B set-up with intricate billing based
on complex tiered rate plans.
To be effective in today's marketplace, you require a high level of flexibility to match your consumers’ expectations. At the same time, you need the capability to reliably deal with complex set-ups and growing markets. We want to provide a backbone for our clients that provides this combination of flexibility and reliability. It allows them to focus on their products and services and
leave the admin to us.
As the Product Owner, you’ll work closely with all the subscription stakeholders to align the diverse needs towards a satisfying subscription experience for our clients and their customers.
You'll translate the various needs into clear business stories and user stories and guide the involved product teams in developing a seamless E2E solution.
In this volatile and uncertain market, you are geared towards an agile approach. This means iteratively developing new capabilities and then taking the time to listen to the clients and use their feedback to adapt and improve in the next iteration.
Comfortably working with tech teams and translating back and forth between tech and business will be as much part of your day as E2E
business process design.
To you, pre-sales talks are not just about explaining the benefits your product can offer. They are very much an opportunity to keep learning about market requirements. They also present a chance to understand the individual needs of the potential client so that you can continually validate that your product really is offering answers to those needs.
What will you need?
- 3+ years experience in a role bridging the gap between business and IT, preferably as an Agile Product Owner.
- Outstanding ability to consider the big picture, think E2E and ensure optimization does not have negative impacts on the process somewhere down the line.
- Ideally, experience in business process management with BPMN skills.
- Understanding the e-commerce landscape and how merchants, platforms, and solution providers interact.
- Ideally 1+ year of experience in the subscription economy — minimum a sound basic understanding of the various types of subscriptions.
- Excellent degree of communication skills, being able to effectively communicate both the strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders — from senior leadership to individual product team members.
- Responsible, communicative, assertive, and open to intercultural and cross-functional issues.
- Desire to constantly gain new insights on the client and customer needs paired with the ability to react quickly to feedback, problems, and even flops in order to deliver the best possible product to our clients and customers.
- Excellent degree of analytical skills, ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Ability to write clear and concise requirements focussing on needs, encouraging the team, and leaving room to develop processes and features. At the same time, making use of a high IT affinity to understand tech challenges and ways of working.
- Creativity and curiosity.
We are looking forward to your application!