Our client is a rapidly growing software company, providing digital ecommerce solutions in a global market. They work hard while keeping a fun, collaborative and casual culture. They are passionate about what they do and work with a diverse and talented team.
They are a global organization headquartered in California and their European office is located in Amsterdam. They are changing the way software is bought and sold on-line and are passionate about helping software companies of all sizes be exceptional at selling worldwide. They live by their mission, vision and values every day as they are building an ecommerce platform they believe in.
The Sales Leader is a strategic leadership role instrumental in leading and building their Amsterdam sales team to expand their International footprint and achieve revenue and strategic financial goals of the company.
This role will execute the current sales plan, which includes strategic and tactical sales planning, identifying, qualifying, demonstrating, and presenting the solutions to prospective clients. The Sales Leader will play an influential role in managing their team and delivering a great client experience to ensure long-term customer retention. They are looking for a Strategic Sales leader with experience in selling a SaaS solution and would report to the VP of Sales.
- Drive a strategic sales approach complemented by strong management activities
- Develop and implement specific sales strategies and partner with a cross-functional management team to support go-to-market plans; optimize the strategy, execute and drive results
- Manage the overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management and lead generation
- Establish a high level of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in forecasting and approaches used by the sales organization
- Keep Executive Management team informed of progress by submitting activity information and pipeline reports
- Monitor and evaluate competitor products and activities
- Overall responsibility for attracting, leading and managing a team of, at the moment 5 Account Executives, building long-term client relationships, and driving strong revenue growth
- Lead, coach and mentor junior and senior Account Executives to achieve their revenue goals
- Develop team goals and metrics and regularly review team performance
- Drive and nurture the growth and development of the sales team; evaluate and assess Account Executives with a strong performance management framework
- Strong ability to identify roadblocks, influence and present creative ideas/solutions
Business Development & Account Management:
- Requires a heavy focus on new business; with targeted customers/prospects. This includes direct sales and channel activities and upsell
- Primary sales responsibility with a “hands-on” approach working strategic deals and technical/complex sales cycles
- Monitor metrics with the goal to increase productivity and contributions to pipeline and bookings
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients in coordination with Account Executives
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and implement marketing initiatives
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of creating and executing effective sales strategies within the SaaS industry, preferably within high-growth organizations
- Proven track record of developing high performance sales teams
- 5-10 years quota carrying sales experience. Ideally in SaaS, eCommerce, and/or Payments,
- 3+ years of sales leadership experience within a high-growth software environments
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit and instincts with a client and marketing focused mindset
- Drive, motivation and passion and an exceptional work ethic; ability to lead by example
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent relevant exp