Security Engineer (m/f/d)
Vienna – Austria
We are looking to strengthen our clients Systems Engineering team, which has many years of experience in implementing and supporting network and server infrastructure. The department is responsible for operating Linux systems and network services for their SaaS payment platform, which is provided to global players as a web service. Their infrastructure is operated on their own enterprise hardware in professional datacenters.
Their team of 7 engineers follows Agile principles and project management methods, depicting our infrastructure using modern configuration management tools and deploys modern, open source technologies that are continuously updated. Meetings are kept to a minimum with the focus on honest and open communication, a strong team spirit and a positive culture of dealing with mistakes.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for monitoring and adapting the Intrusion Detection Systems, hardening systems, helping with threat modelling and will supply input that drives the ongoing improvement of our system security together with their System Engineers and Compliance Officer.
As a payment platform, our client is PCI-DSS certified, and high levels of security are important to their business!
- Security operations and development (monitoring, logging, detection, prevention)
- Threat modelling and risk analysis
- Configuring and reviewing firewalls (Palo Alto)
- Sensitising and training employees
- Collaborating on security policies and guidelines
- Carrying out regular security assessments and scans
- Providing support during the annual PCI-DSS security audit
What you offer:
- German language fluency, and a work permit
- Experience in a similar role with an educational background in IT, or a self-taught career changer
- Good knowledge of Linux is important to us
- Knowledge of programming languages like Bash, Python etc. to automate routine tasks
- Knowledge of common Internet services (TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, DNS)
- Interest in new technologies
Nice to have:
- Completed technical education, ideally in the field of IT security
- Experience with intrusion detection systems (Falco, Wazuh)
- Experience with Logstash, Elasticsearch, OpenSearch
- Experience with Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault
What we offer:
- Friendly and open working environment in a well-connected modern office
- A company notebook (MacBook/Thinkpad/Dell) and 27” display
- Hybrid work model (office/home office)
- Yearly ticket for the Vienna public transport network
- Free coffee, tea and fruit
- Fitness option gives all employees automatic free access to various fitness studios and sport activities via the myClubs app
- Numerous team and company events guarantee a friendly atmosphere
- Support for further education and certification
We are looking forward to your application!