Senior Compliance Officer
For a rapidly expanding crypto company in the Netherlands, we are looking for a Senior Compliance Officer.
As a company providing services for digital asset exchange, we are subject to European AML, CFT and Sanctions regulations as well as being supervised by the DNB. It is vital that we comply with all of our licensing requirements, internal policies and other prevailing legislation.
As one of our Senior Compliance Officers, you will be joining a team that is responsible for maintaining oversight of our compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You will be part of the second line of defense.
You will face many challenges as the regulatory and technological landscape in cryptocurrency is developing and will be for years to come. It is key to comply with all applicable regulations and by joining our compliance team, you will play an essential role in ensuring that we do this.
What you'll be doing
- Maintaining and developing a Compliance Framework to ensure we stay in control;
- Building on continuously improving the compliance policies and procedures where possible;
- Acting as a mentor for the junior compliance officers in the team;
- Providing periodic reports and analyses (together with the Head of Compliance) to our Management Team;
- Keeping up to date on the applicable regulations and utilizing independent judgment in the application of the regulations.
What you have:
- You are ideally fluent in both Dutch and English (written and spoken);
- An advanced degree in (preferably) law or a comparable study;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in compliance, integrity or an equivalent position;
- Experience gained in company regulated by the DNB such as a fintech company, financial company or a payments company;
- A completed specialised study in the area of compliance or integrity (for example via the Dutch Compliance Institute or the NIBE-SVV) is a big benefit