This role can be based in Germany, the Nordics and with potential for wider Europe.
Our client is a Nordic based financial services company, currently expanding into wider Europe. Their large customer base, well-known owners and understanding of the industry give them the foundation to succeed. Their customers rely on you all to help them stay ahead of the competition by making life easier every day for their customers.
The Proposition Manager will work closely with our client’s Sales and Product Management organization to successfully qualify the complex needs of European Financial Institutions and identify opportunities to effectively solve their pain points or enable opportunities with our client’s propositions. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of B2B and B2C card payments and be able to successfully communicate a vision for how our client’s proposition can better enable card issuers. This person will report to the VP of Product Proposition and will work closely with Sales and Product colleagues. He or she will support commercial engagements with new and existing issuer customers to help identify, design, and commercialize winning product offerings.
The successful candidate will have a track-record of designing proposition visions for B2B (and B2C) card products and will be familiar with CMS systems (preferably Way4). Relevant experience or capabilities should include:
- Experience in product or pre-sales and will be excited to help mature long issuer sales cycles
- Solution management, proposition design. Sales or Product Management experience preferred
- Fluent in English
- German skills preferred.
- Technical CMS background would be ideal though not required
- Ability to design a B2B card payment proposition vision and product offering
- Familiarity coordinating with solution architects to support bespoke proposition design
You’re expected to develop your talent and aim higher as you work to change payments. You’ll build on our client’s proven track record of developing and delivering innovative and reliable solutions and their strengths as a Nordic leader with 50 years of experience within payment solutions. Your key responsibilities will include owning the end-to-end execution of strategic business initiatives that enable our client’s issuing and security services, product proposition strategy and go-to-market operating model. You will use a mix of qualitative research and quantitative analysis to design, commercially validate, and implement comprehensive propositions for external customers, strategic partners, and internal leadership stakeholders. You will be responsible for coordinating resources and capabilities across the organization to execute product proposition initiatives that grow market share or improve the product go-to-market operating model. You will track related performance to support continuous improved decision making.
It’s the full package that you bring to work every day that gets the job done. Your professional acumen and experience form most of your qualifications, but it’s your personality that makes the difference to succeed in this role. Especially the little twists we all have that makes us personalities instead of just a person. You should enjoy developing creative but practical solutions for complex business problems that only possess imperfect answers.
Your professional qualifications include:
- Experience in FinTech or Payments preferred
- Experience with Agile Product Development preferred
- Management Consulting background, or similar, preferred
Our client is looking for someone who has:
- Experience in concepting, designing and executing commercial strategies, go-to-market planning, opportunity qualification, or developing product propositions.
- Experience in the European Financial Services markets (B2B Issuing experience strongly preferred) including knowledge of prevailing commercial strategies, pricing methodologies, value chain participants, risks and opportunities, and customer pain points or needs
- Experience with B2B and channel commercial sales and proposition design
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative market research and trends analysis
- Experience leading strategic initiatives
- Analytically strong / hands-on / can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication