Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Senior Software Engineers to join our office in the heart of Stockholm, Sweden.
What you will do
We work in small highly collaborative Agile teams. You and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback and time to market. To do this we focus on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Some of the technologies you would be working with:
– React/React Native
Who you are:
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- We’re looking for engineers that share our passion for building great products using solid engineering practices. We are looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else. You will need to be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to navigate ambiguity and a high rate of change.
You should have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with API and product development
- Passion for writing clean and testable code
- Successfully applied and are enthusiastic about Agile/XP practices (Pairing, TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
High L3+ Engineer (Individual Contributor) → Senior /LeadEngineer with people management experience 60-40% split)
Experience with System Design/ Microservices/ Architecture → the “Go to Person”
Essentially looking for “Product Focused Fullstack Engineer”
Fullstack Mindset needed
No QA team, therefore skills in Functional/Unit Testing and Devops needed
Deploy Code Daily + Fast paced environment ( zero downtime)
Experience in end-to-end developmental life cycle ( specifically product based)
Previous experience with a high user applications (current app has over 60 million live users)
No outsourcing/ consultancy based experience
Payments/Fin-tech/Ecommerce experience ( e.g. Booking.com/PayPal/ Amazon)
Focus on Scandanavian/Nordic countries
Must not have applied in past 6 months! Over 6 months – make a note