Technical Support Engineer – Open Banking
The Technical Support Engineer can be based anywhere in the UK or in their office in London.
PCN is proud to work with this leading open banking provider who have recently completed their series C and are currently going through rapid growth. As part of this, they are looking for a Technical Support Engineer who can take responsibility for their 2nd level support as well as get involved into some of the software engineering work.
- Closely work with account, project and sales professionals to provide world-class technical delivery and customer support.
- Understand how our client’s technology works and be able to troubleshoot issues.
- Respond to customer needs for help and support
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering and Product teams to help design and enhance customer support and reporting solutions.
- Help to identify opportunities that deliver business value for our client’s customers.
- Identify and communicate both the technical and business requirements that drive opportunities for product improvement or enhancement.
- Provide project scoping as part of the delivery process including internal reviews with Product Management as well as external delivery and service reviews with prospects.
- Manage accounts through providing reference implementations and on-going support efforts.
- Review and enhance existing documentation based on customer input.
- Uphold all company security policies and procedures defined in the Employee handbook and report to the relevant individual Line Manager, Information Security Manager or a Head of Risk, Security, and Compliance, where you believe there is a security risk or non-compliance to policies and procedures.
- Adhere to data protection procedures and confidentiality agreements.
Here is what you will need to be successful:
- Experience working in a technical support or implementation role within Fintech, software or banking.
- Experience with programming languages, specifically Java.
- Ability to develop reference implementations based on core APIs or SDKs.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting, monitoring and logging tools
- Strong work ethics and desire to succeed
- Highly professional approach and great communication skills.
- Willing to travel.
Skills and experience – will ideally have:
- gRPC / Protocol Buffers
- Java, JS, SDK's, REST
- Scripting BASH, Postman
- Degree in Computer Science