VP of Finance – FinTech Early Stage Start-Up
More about our FinTech client:
The company is a digital banking platform that launched to consumers in early 2020 and is close to finalizing their Series A raise (including support from familiar names like Barclays), which will allow them to offer new and innovative products to their growing customer base.
This FinTech start-up prides themselves on bringing together a diverse workforce from all over the world. The team is collaborative, innovative, and passionate about upending the traditional banking industry in the name of flexible, effective, and ultimately people-driven payment and banking options. They are searching for a like-minded Finance professional with strong FP&A competencies who is excited about entering a company in the early stages and contributed to the growth and strategic vision.
VP of Finance Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee all the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) functions across the organization
- Provide strong leadership, vision, development and accountability for the regional finance hubs and the corporate financial planning and analysis team.
- Provide a regular cadence of management reporting/updates
- Set direction and deliverables for internal teams and external partners within tight time frames.
- Continuously evaluate and refine tools and processes to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
- Use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, drive actions, and measure success
- Budget, schedule and scope management for programs
- Challenge the status quo and foster shared understanding, transparency, mastery, autonomy, innovation and continuous learning
Qualified Finance Leader applicants will have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline (MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred)
- 6+ years of hands on leadership and experience of relevant financial modeling, analysis and reporting experience with proven track record of forecasting and budgeting
- Extensive experience developing and monitoring operating and capital budgets and creating insightful, actionable reporting and measurement protocols.
- Established track record of managing business intelligence resources and the application of data analytics to forecast trends and outcomes.
- Experience managing, developing and building a corporate finance team (both locally and remotely)
- Experience building and sustaining strong working relationships with senior operating executives, key stakeholders, operating teams and finance team members.
- Experience working with an early stage FinTech organization
The client prefers that candidates be local to greater New York City area to optimize synergies when it is safe to do so.