The DeFi Conference 2020 hosted by Bitcoin Events happening this Wednesday, 5 August, will showcase the tremendous growth and rise of DeFi projects over the last year.
According to DeFi tracking website DeFiPrime, there are currently over 100 projects tackling various DeFi solutions. The total value locked in DeFi is now over USD$ 4 billion with a 227% year-on-year increase in ETH locked in DeFi.
Today, DeFi apps clearly demonstrate value and utility and companies are working on improving the visual demonstration of DeFi to enable mass adoption. The ability to borrow funds, take out loans, deposit funds into a savings account, or trade complex financial products, all that without asking anyone for permission or opening an account anywhere, is quickly gaining traction.
Some of the leading companies in DeFi are participating at the DeFi Conference 2020. These include RadixDLT, Wanchain, Aave, MakerDAO, ConsenSys, Chainlink, Incognito Chain, Stasis, StakerDAO, Argent, Zerion, ZCoin, Binance and Celsius Network.
The Premier Sponsors for the event are: EFFECT. AI, Paxful and Silgonex.
Aave is onboard as a Partner, RadixDLT as a Diamond Sponsor and Gold Sponsors include AltcoinTrader, Crypto Processing by CoinsPaid, Dash and StakerDAO.
The Master of Ceremonies is Chris Dawe, Co-Founder and CEO at Effect.AI. Effect.AI builds data processing software on blockchain technology to accelerate automation in business processes.
Keynote Speakers include
Founder and CEO of Wanchain
Jack Lu is an early adopter of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. He is a pioneer and entrepreneur in the blockchain ecosystem, most known for his current role as Founder and CEO of Wanchain, and previous role as Co-Founder and CTO at Factom.
Wanchain is a cross-chain blockchain infrastructure designed to facilitate asset transfers and host dApps for the financial industry.
COO and Co-founder of Paxful
Artur Schaback is the COO and Co-founder of Paxful, a people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Their mission is to empower the forgotten unbanked and underbanked people, so they have control of their money.
Marketing and Training Executive at Silgonex
Anna is a motivational speaker, business women, gold and silver investor.
Silgonex provides people with an opportunity to enter into the cryptocurrency world by buying physical silver. Their cryptocurrency coin – SIL, is 100% backed by silver they have in their vaults.
Other speakers include:
- Stani Kulechov – Founder and CEO of Aave
- Jonas Lamis – Founder and CEO at StakerDAO
- Alex Mashinsky – Founder and CEO of the Celsius Network
- Jérôme de Tychey – Global Head of Clients Success at Ledger
- Adelyn Zhou – CMO and Head of Chainlink Marketing
- Flora Sun – Managing Director of Binance X
- Piers Ridyard – CEO of Radix DLT
- Ambre Soubiran – CEO of Kaiko
- Lex Sokolin – Global Fintech Co-Head at ConsenSys
- Gustav Arentoft – Business Development (Europe, SEA, Africa), Maker Foundation
- Miko Matsumura – Co-founder of Evercoin and General Partner with Gumi Ventures
- Alex Batlin – Founder and CEO of Trustology
- On Yavin – Founder and CEO of Cointelligence
- Alex McDougall – Co-founder of Bicameral Ventures
- Richard de Sousa – Founder and CEO of AltCoinTrader
- Luca Consentino – Product and Go to Market at Oasis Labs
- Rebecca Mqamelo- Head of Growth at Zerion
- Jorge Sebastiao – CTO, Advisor, Executive Board Member of the Government Blockchain Association (GBA)
- George Samman – Advisor at Kadena and Fantom
- Andrey Bugaevski – Project Lead at Incognito Chain
- Nathaniel Luz – Lead at Dash Nigeria
Read more about the speakers here and their topics of discussion here.
About Bitcoin Events
Bitcoin Events are the organizers of the first and longest running blockchain event in Africa, the annual Blockchain Africa Conference, hosted in South Africa since 2015.
Over 2000 attendees from 35 countries and 170 global speakers have been part of Bitcoin Events’ conferences.
For more information on the DeFi Conference 2020 visit our website at www.bitcoinevents.co.za or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.